Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Grab Your Aprons...

SHOW OFF YOUR COLORS...
Well, since it's a lazy Friday afternoon I thought maybe we could do something different. 

 I am going to share a few pictures of my favorite aprons and I hope you will find the time to link up and share a few of yours too. We'll keep this linky party open all month so everyone has a chance to show off their aprons. 

You don't have to share JUST your aprons. I'd love to read posts of APRONS IN ACTION perhaps featuring you canning, gardening, cooking, or baking... and we'd love to see those recipes too.  Be creative and most of all, have fun!  Thank you.

Heidi

This lovely apron is new to my collection.  It comes from a dear friend and fellow apron fashionista Dolly Sarrio of the blogs Hibiscus House, Dolly is Cooking, and Dolly's Designs.   Dolly made this apron from a pattern she made from one of her grandma's aprons.  I love it.  I have honey bees and this apron had my name on it, literally. Lol.
As it turns out Dolly has two internet stores full of her lovely handmade vintage and retro inspired aprons and knitted designs HERE and HERE.

Dolly made me this beautiful half apron from a vintage pattern.
 I just love all the little details, like the beautiful muted vintage inspired fabric, the large ric rac design and the quality of Dolly's handwork.  You cannot see from my pictures, but her sewing is so nice and neat.  I feel like a princess when I wear this one. Thank you so much Dolly.

This apron came from a winter carnival at Knott's Berry Farm a few years ago.  I just love this fabric it's full of images of Dia De Los Muertos iconograephy, the Aztec God Tlalac, and the Virgin Mary.  
It's so bright and colorful.      

This smock apron was a gift from my hubby and it is probably my favorite.  It looks just like my grandma's aprons.  I almost never saw her without an apron. Except on Sundays.
 Every time I wear this one I am transported back to childhood images of grandma shelling peas, or beans or canning something wonderful.  I miss her so much.

I picked up this apron at a yard sale recently. It was a steal.  It's full of horse tack n' cowgirl boots. Fun fabric.

This little apron is a Mary Mulari Church Lady apron that I made last winter.  I like that it's reversible and has nice big pockets.  The fabric features two of my favorite things, the color purple and pansies...
Well, that's my favorites for now, but I'm always on the look out for aprons to add to my collection.

As you can see below, this little number is quickly becoming my workhorse apron.  I will only wear my Dolly half apron for special occasions, but when I am out slinging mud in the garden or trying to get stung by my bees... this is my uniform of choice. 
I am off to dehydrate lots of fresh nectarines...
Okay, it's your turn to shine a light on your favorite aprons...

I am linking up to the Homestead Barn Hop
 & Farmgirl Friday.






2 comments:

  1. Love your idea of an apron hop! Thank you! You have wonderful aprons. I'm starting to think I may never have enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can one ever have enough aprons??? Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete